The focus of CompuBOLD is to expose students from under-resourced areas to co-robotics using effective culturally relevant curricula and instructional approaches. This robotics education program is designed to expand the already extant NSF-funded informal education program, CompuGirls, through supplementing this program’s culturally responsive curriculum with humanoid co-robotic activities.
- To develop and study culturally co-robot curriculum in the context of CompuGirls
- Involve CompuGirls in culturally effective humanoid robotics programming
- Study culturally responsive co-robot curriculum in the context of the CR4CG program
Participants develop expertise in:
- Human-Robot Interaction concepts: dialogue, emotion
- Humanoid robot programming: motion, vision, sensors
- STEM & Common Core State Standards: Learning how matrices used in robot vision
We have a strict non-discrimination policy, and all individuals are able to apply and participate in our programs and events without regard to race, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, native language, religion, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law.